What Is Strive?
Responding to the need for permanent renewal in the conditions of Flint and the surrounding areas, STRIVE is a nationally recognized workforce initiative that focuses on individual and community empowerment through employment.
Our Youth programs are tailored to provide training and job placement for youth from the ages of 14 – 21.
This program endeavors to be the answer to properly training youth at that critical stage. It is during this time where foundation can be laid to result in a committed, well-established and maintained strong work ethic. Issues addressed and remedied during training:
- Not knowing how to complete job applications
- Lack of interviewing skills
- Immature attitudes and behavior
- Lack of test taking skills
- No resume / inadequate resume
- Misrepresentation & Poor appearance
- Applying for a job with a “friend” along
- Insufficient training (i.e. Skills training, education)
- Unrealistic wage demands
- Continuously absent or late for work
- No sense of responsibility
- Not being flexible
- Reputation of not being available
- Inability to “get along with others”
- Insistence on own concept of job
- Lack of entry-level requirements
1108 Lapeer Road
Flint, MI 48503
Phone: (810) 232-5661